Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Button's Big Bang Bohnanza


Buttons vs the Zipper.

Once upon a time, I was given a pair of jeans (why they call them a pair of jeans, when there really is just one jean is beyond me). Like the old classic t.v. show and Hasbro toy, there was more than meets the eye with these pants. No, unfortunately my pants were not a transformer sent to be my guardian, but it did have buttons instead of a zipper (it also had a secret pocket located on the seam...yeah, pretty awesome pants).

There are definitely some pluses to having buttons instead of a zipper. The main benefit about having buttons ironically is not having a zipper. Take zippers in general. How many times have you had a zipper get stuck? Frustrating is it not? Now, imagine that frustration while you have to go to the bathroom, and you can't. You see the problem with a zipper? I do admit that this does not happen very often, but it is a risk of the zipper. Another reason to go with buttons instead of a zipper - its unusual and very cool. Also, not a bad conversation starter.

So, why are most pants made with zippers? The answer - belts. For the gentlemen out there who step up to a urinal with zipper pants, you do not have to undo your belt. If you have buttons instead of a zipper on the other hand, you must undo your belt. I realize it sounds like a simple thing, but it can be annoying. When it comes down to it, I still prefer the zipper. It should also be noted that most of the skater jeans I have seen utilize buttons.


The Big Bang Theory.

Penny...Penny...Penny. Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr.
Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors. She's so chatty. Under normal circumstances I'd say I told you so. But, as I have told so with such vehemence and frequency already the phrase has lost all meaning. Therefore, I will be replacing it with the phrase, I have informed you thusly. I find zombies dancing in choreographed synchronicity implausible. And also it's really scary. I'm not insane, my mother had me tested! A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies "for you, no charge". Bazinga!

Wow, do I really need to say anything about this show? Yeah...I do. Its awesome! When you are as geeky as I am, there really isn't a whole lot of shows out there better than this one. It has everything. It's like a geeky Seinfeld (oh, I do miss that show). Comic books, superheros, LOTR, Star Wars, math, physics, the girl next door, and great geeky fun.


Bohnanza.

To Bean or Not to Bean... Want a really fun and easy card game for 2 to 7 players? I highly recommend Bohnanza the card game dedicated to farming beans. Yes, you read correctly. If you like games like the Farming Game, Pit, and Settlers of Catan you will really enjoy this game. Even if you don't like those games, I think you will really have fun and be addicted at once. With simple game play and lots of player interaction with 3 or more, this is one of the best games ever made. So, check it out or come over to my place and I'll introduce you. Here is also a link for more information if you would like (Bohnanza Info). I say definitely Bean.

And that is How Lou Sees It.

No comments:

Post a Comment