Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dinos Make Everything Better

Day 45 - Checkers

The classic game of Checkers. The game is pretty simple. You position your pieces such to capture/remove your opponent's pieces from the board. The first to eliminate the other player wins. If you succeed in getting one of your pieces to your opponent's side, you get a king to replace that piece. The king piece can move in any direction while your other pieces are limited to move only twoards your opponent. I struggle a bit with Checkers because I find myself wanting to play Chess instead. Maybe not to any one's surprise, I don' usually fair well when playing Checkers and again it was confirmed tonight with a loss given to me from The Wife.

I did enjoy playing Checkers more growing up though and you know why? One word: Dinosaurs. Dinosaurs make everything better. I was lucky enough to grow up with a DINO Checkers game set where the pieces are dinosaurs (the kings for each player being the king of the dinosaurs the, T-Rex). The board is cleverly designed with lava and rock and mini volcanic mountains are supplied for each player to place captured dinos in. The theme of the game is done very well and DINO Checkers is the reason why I even know how to play play Checkers.

Dinosaurs are awesome (Checkers is OK) and that is How Lou Sees It!

No comments:

Post a Comment